Definition of foresight:
- Action in reference to the future; provident care; prudence; wise forethought.
- Any sight or reading of the leveling staff, except the backsight; any sight or bearing taken by a compass or theodolite in a forward direction.
- Muzzle sight. See Fore sight, under Fore, a.
- The act or the power of foreseeing; prescience; foreknowledge.
foresightfulness, foreknowledge, antepast, vision, prospicience, discretion, hyperopia, hypermetropia, expectancy, prediction, prevision, longsightedness, prescience, presentiment, caution, prudence, presbyopia, foretaste, precaution, forethoughtfulness, hypermetropy, anticipation, circumspection, apprehension, foreboding, expectation, careful, foresightedness, preparedness, hope, forethought, acumen, forecast, forehandedness.
- "Irish Race in the Past and the Present", Aug. J. Thebaud.
- "More Hunting Wasps", J. Henri Fabre.