Definition of forfeiture:
- loss (part of speech: noun)
abandonment (part of speech: noun)
- giving up,
- noncompliance (part of speech: noun)
- penalty (part of speech: noun)
- punishment (part of speech: noun)
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
But, in spite of this warning, Lord Melbourne refused to advise the Queen to insert a statement of the Prince's religion in her speech, though it was by no means superfluous on such an occasion, since, if he were a Roman Catholic, a marriage with him would have incurred a forfeiture of the crown.- "The Constitutional History of England From 1760 to 1860", Charles Duke Yonge.
- "The Project Gutenberg Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte", Bourrienne, Constant, and Stewarton.