Definition of forgive:
- To cease to feel resentment against, on account of wrong committed; to give up claim to requital from or retribution upon ( an offender); to absolve; to pardon; - said of the person offending.
- To give up resentment or claim to requital on account of ( an offense or wrong); to remit the penalty of; to pardon; - said in reference to the act forgiven.
- To give wholly; to make over without reservation; to resign.
- acquit (part of speech: verb)
- vindicate (part of speech: verb)
- forgive (part of speech: verb)