Definition of forked :
1. Formed into a forklike shape; having a fork; dividing into two or more prongs or branches; furcated; bifurcated; zigzag; as, the forked lighting.
2. Having a double meaning; ambiguous; equivocal.
3. of Fork
duple, fork-like, zigzag, three-fold, ramous, tined, doubled, two-fold, twofold, biramous, prongy, furcate, ramose, bifurcate, furcated, threefold, forficate, ramate, trident, ambiguous, double, equivocal, pronged, tridentate, bivalent, treble, dual
halved (part of speech: verb)
- The other end was forked, and the points were of different lengths. - "A General History and Collection of Voyages and Travels, Volume 16", Robert Kerr.
- These rich people- well, I should like to have the Gordons in a dungeon and pull out their teeth one by one, as if they were Jews, till they forked out their ill- gotten gains for worthy objects.... - "Non-combatants and Others", Rose Macaulay.
- The mature tree is usually forked, and the place where the forking commences determines the number of logs in the tree or its merchantable length, by preventing cutting to a small diameter in the top. - "Seasoning of Wood", Joseph B. Wagner.