Definition of form :
1. A long seat; a bench; hence, a rank of students in a school; a class; also, a class or rank in society.
2. A shape; an image; a phantom.
3. A suffix used to denote in the shape of, resembling, etc.; as, valiform; oviform.
4. Constitution; mode of construction, organization, etc.; system; as, a republican form of government.
5. Established method of expression or practice; fixed way of proceeding; conventional or stated scheme; formula; as, a form of prayer.
6. Mode of acting or manifestation to the senses, or the intellect; as, water assumes the form of ice or snow. In modern usage, the elements of a conception furnished by the mind's own activity, as contrasted with its object or condition, which is called the matter; subjectively, a mode of apprehension or belief conceived as dependent on the constitution of the mind; objectively, universal and necessary accompaniments or elements of every object known or thought of.
7. Orderly arrangement; shapeliness; also, comeliness; elegance; beauty.
8. Show without substance; empty, outside appearance; vain, trivial, or conventional ceremony; conventionality; formality; as, a matter of mere form.
9. That assemblage or disposition of qualities which makes a conception, or that internal constitution which makes an existing thing to be what it is; -- called essential or substantial form, and contradistinguished from matter; hence, active or formative nature; law of being or activity; subjectively viewed, an idea; objectively, a law.
10. That by which shape is given or determined; mold; pattern; model.
11. The boundary line of a material object. In painting, more generally, the human body.
12. The combination of planes included under a general crystallographic symbol. It is not necessarily a closed solid.
13. The particular shape or structure of a word or part of speech; as, participial forms; verbal forms.
14. The peculiar characteristics of an organism as a type of others; also, the structure of the parts of an animal or plant.
15. The seat or bed of a hare.
16. The shape and structure of anything, as distinguished from the material of which it is composed; particular disposition or arrangement of matter, giving it individuality or distinctive character; configuration; figure; external appearance.
17. The type or other matter from which an impression is to be taken, arranged and secured in a chase.
18. To derive by grammatical rules, as by adding the proper suffixes and affixes.
19. To give a particular shape to; to shape, mold, or fashion into a certain state or condition; to arrange; to adjust; also, to model by instruction and discipline; to mold by influence, etc.; to train.
20. To give form or shape to; to frame; to construct; to make; to fashion.
21. To go to make up; to act as constituent of; to be the essential or constitutive elements of; to answer for; to make the shape of; - said of that out of which anything is formed or constituted, in whole or in part.
22. To provide with a form, as a hare. See Form, n., 9.
23. To run to a form, as a hare.
24. To take a form, definite shape, or arrangement; as, the infantry should form in column.
remains, compliance, straighten, mores, practice, mixture, habitus, jump, ill health, ritual, spurt, ordonnance, hold, open up, radiation diagram, dummy, trunk, get up, ceremonial, come over, proficiency, motley, agitprop, tune, grow, course, stratum, go, geometry, solemnity, counterfeit, get to, talent, layout, keeping, do, play, decorum, work out, general anatomy, consent form, potpourri, spend a penny, annual report, public figure, habit, format, forge, institute, hurl, manikin, copy, estate, system, wreak, ricochet, abstract expressionism, corpse, discrepancy, spirt, defecate, dramatis personae, cause, constellation, convention, digit, flesh, underframe, systema skeletale, haoma, course of action, variance, bend, quality, induce, take form, information, tactics, inning, paper, seduce, year, trim, have, solve, aquatint, leap, descriptor, catalyze, fitness, cast of characters, competence, figure of speech, application, make up, puddle, tenor, pee-pee, bounce, pull in, shit, track, stool, experience, anaphora, manakin, charter, variation, kilter, derivative, arrive at, straining, diverseness, earn, variant, relieve oneself, deform, rebound, path, random variable, miscellanea, pee, conformity, fashion model, stimulate, facet, wee-wee, puzzle out, cook, dust, chassis, fig, unionise, etiquette, trigger, number, manner, report, version, compound, diversity, confidentiality agreement, pass water, approach, soma, mental strain, body, take a leak, song, clay, plant, duplicate, resile, abidance, smorgasbord, reverberate, questionnaire, skeletal system, set off, name, do work, concept statement, recipe, formula, method, ceremony, crop, dossier, get, physical body, nominate, course of instruction, bring, assortment, usual, technique, anatomy, run, carcass, wellness, take shape, strategy, rule, exercise, proprieties, var., mastery, unionize, make believe, baroque, row, take a shit, pretend, throw, take a hop, blend, nature, bring about, knead, take, striving, influence, affix, framing, signifier, embodiment, work, getup, dean's list, health, blue book, ability, melodic phrase, peculiarity, determine, pains, trend, division, attain, ashes, melody, art nouveau, tier, frame of reference, be, the avant-garde, operate, make water, reshape, componential analysis, better, placement, honor society, impress, card, recoil, radiation pattern, sixth form, formation, comprise, direct, pulp, realise, appear, turn, fettle, repair, plaster bandage, bring in, cross section, bound, homunculus, mould, take in, propriety, wee, sorting, engineer, variety show, stance, gift, become, plaster cast, trope, put to work, blank, company report, work on, fake, socio-economic class, found, body-build, well-being, grouping, methodology, gain, torso, pattern, variate, prowess, stochastic variable, derivation, die, component, traffic pattern, way, word form, matrix, mode, realize, stress, blueprint, social class, student council, ferment, makeup, formality, multifariousness, mental health, nick, surface, contrive, ready, course of study, figure out, student government, hit, chance variable, how, tack, feature, observance, roll, Arts and Crafts, mannequin, mark, document, appoint, certificate, nervous strain, coordinate, give, process, gradation, conformation, hammer, state, aptitude, progress to, start off, machinate, piss, feel, skill, condition, twist, imprint, fashion, organization, camp, lick, art deco, exploit, piddle, excogitate, miscellany, crap, phase, stage, micturate, salmagundi, approach pattern, reach, mildew, brushwork, seek, contour line, nisus, appropriacy, mastermind, urinate, arrangement, apposition, skeletal frame, act upon, custom, mannikin, bod, phase angle, proportions, act, ca-ca, human body, take a crap, curl, normal, words, change, grad, canonical form, constitution, construction, material body, lay down, melodic line, edition, ground level, property, organise, clear, casting, function, factor, make for, mixed bag, sour
appearance (part of speech: noun)
prototype (part of speech: verb)
compose (part of speech: verb)
order (part of speech: verb)
establish, collate, rank, regulate, unify, devise, categorize, group, balance, plan, prepare, screen, array, adjust, normalize, methodize, grade, support, subordinate, marshal, schematize, order, orchestrate, cast, structure, pigeonhole, mediate, sort, plot, arrange, compose, systematize, right, program, separate, shape, settle, set, place, schedule, classify, rate, scheme, harmonize, design, stratify, fix, maintain, chart, class, sift, frame, score, organize, unsnarl, type, control, integrate, stabilize, rationalize
create (part of speech: verb)
form (part of speech: noun)
structure (part of speech: verb)
outline (part of speech: verb)
outline, wire frame, skeleton, periphery, border, sketch, representation, perimeter, framework, drawing, draw, delineate, tracing, trace, contour, girth, profile, limit, circumscribe, represent, draft, delineation, circumference, silhouette
grammar (part of speech: noun)
produce (part of speech: verb)
begin (part of speech: verb)
category (part of speech: noun)
people, race, brand, series, level, style, genus, feather, category, ilk, persuasion, grain, kingdom, label, strain, step, kind, denomination, variety, taxonomy, genotype, breed, stripe, caste, classification, clan, stock, line, stamp, family, designation, phylum, degree, species