Definition of formation:
- A group of beds of the same age or period; as, the Eocene formation.
- A substance formed or deposited.
- Mineral deposits and rock masses designated with reference to their origin; as, the siliceous formation about geysers; alluvial formations; marine formations.
- The act of giving form or shape to anything; a forming; a shaping.
- The arrangement of a body of troops, as in a square, column, etc.
- The manner in which a thing is formed; structure; construction; conformation; form; as, the peculiar formation of the heart.
validation, ecesis, organic law, constitution, physical composition, deployment, structure, defining, grouping, classification, system, lineup, disposal, form, organization, fundamental law, dissolution, distribution, sequence, administration, governing body, shaping, establishment, synthesis, genesis, geological formation, organisation, governance, deposit, make-up, institution, accumulation, categorization, order, destruction, brass, geology, induction, makeup.
- composition (part of speech: noun)
- collection (part of speech: noun)
- creation (part of speech: noun)
- production (part of speech: noun)
- situation (part of speech: noun)
- "A Prisoner in Fairyland", Algernon Blackwood.
- "Essays: Scientific, Political, & Speculative, Vol. I", Herbert Spencer.
- "The Lost Valley", J. M. Walsh.