Definition of forsake:
depopulate, walk out on, abjure, cede, keep, ravage, retire from, empty, abandon, forswear, desert, depart from, recant, devastate, cast off, retract, repudiate, waste, withdraw from, desolate, scourge, forego, run out on, cease, lay waste to, throw over.
- abandon (part of speech: verb)
- rid (part of speech: verb)
- relinquish (part of speech: verb)
- "Thelma", Marie Corelli.
- "A Short History of Monks and Monasteries", Alfred Wesley Wishart.
- "The Poetical Works of Sir Edward Bulwer Lytton, Bart. M.P.", Edward Bulwer Lytton.