Definition of fortunate :
1. Coming by good luck or favorable chance; bringing some good thing not foreseen as certain; presaging happiness; auspicious; as, a fortunate event; a fortunate concurrence of circumstances; a fortunate investment.
2. Receiving same unforeseen or unexpected good, or some good which was not dependent on one's own skill or efforts; favored with good forune; lucky.
happy, triumphant, well-to-do, flourishing, flushed, well-heeled, well-off, rose-cheeked, blushful, rosy-cheeked, unfortunate, helpful, luck, gilt, providential, benign, blest, felicitous, victorious, better off, unlucky, rose-colored, hopeful, rosy, bright, good, well, golden, halcyon, favourable, fair, well-fixed, brilliant, heaven-sent, aureate, gilded, thriving, gold, prospered, miraculous, winning, healthy
accidental (part of speech: adjective)
wealthy (part of speech: adjective)
fortunate (part of speech: adjective)
- It was fortunate that she did not open the door of the spare room, for there lay the body of the dead man. - "Blind Love", Wilkie Collins.
- I'm fortunate in that I have found both him and you." - "The Spirit of the Border A Romance of the Early Settlers in the Ohio Valley", Zane Grey.
- On the other hand, it's fortunate that he has a way of making friends. - "Vane of the Timberlands", Harold Bindloss.