Definition of fortunate:
- Coming by good luck or favorable chance; bringing some good thing not foreseen as certain; presaging happiness; auspicious; as, a fortunate event; a fortunate concurrence of circumstances; a fortunate investment.
- Receiving same unforeseen or unexpected good, or some good which was not dependent on one's own skill or efforts; favored with good forune; lucky.
favored, victorious, halcyon, fortuitous, benign, gilded, luck, rose-colored, happy, heaven-sent, helpful, felicitous, aureate, well-to-do, well, rosy-cheeked, healthy, gold, gilt, lucky, rose-cheeked, triumphant, flushed, well-off, well-fixed, rosy, blest, winning, prospered, flourishing, unlucky, good, favourable, golden, miraculous, well-heeled, auspicious, providential, thriving, fair, better off, brilliant, blessed, blushful, unfortunate, hopeful, bright.
- accidental (part of speech: adjective)
- wealthy (part of speech: adjective)
- fortunate (part of speech: adjective)
- "Blind Love", Wilkie Collins.
- "The Spirit of the Border A Romance of the Early Settlers in the Ohio Valley", Zane Grey.
- "Vane of the Timberlands", Harold Bindloss.