Definition of fountain:
- A reservoir or chamber to contain a liquid which can be conducted or drawn off as needed for use; as, the ink fountain in a printing press, etc.
- A spring of water issuing from the earth.
- An artificially produced jet or stream of water; also, the structure or works in which such a jet or stream rises or flows; a basin built and constantly supplied with pure water for drinking and other useful purposes, or for ornament.
- The source from which anything proceeds, or from which anything is supplied continuously; origin; source.
leak, seedbed, gush, root, fount, bounce, flood, bombardment, commencement, pump, brickwork, discharge, cornerstone, beading, blue jet, arbor, beginning, give, stream, super acid, drop, efflux, jet-propelled plane, honey oil, condensation, ceiling, squirt, font, leakage, origin, natural spring, alcove, springtime, river, balcony, super C, face, espalier, parent, cat valium, inauguration, spatter, gnome, spurt, opening, outpouring, start, typeface, special K, fountainhead, bay, splash, effluence, moisture, flush, spirt, outflow, rise, hedge, catacombs, geyser, sip, reverse lightning, addition, spray, run, saltation, jet, outset, overflow, mother, spout, cradle, wellspring, bird bath, provenance, initiation, onslaught, escape, spring, body, trickle, inception, springiness, leaping, source, green, lattice, barrage, provenience, derivation, latticework, bound, arising, bar, leap, case, basin, rootstock, grotto, jet plane, well.
- "Socialism", John Stuart Mill.
- "A History of English Literature Elizabethan Literature", George Saintsbury.
- "Castles and Cave Dwellings of Europe", Sabine Baring-Gould.