Definition of four :
1. A symbol representing four units, as 4 or iv.
2. One more than three; twice two.
3. The sum of four units; four units or objects.
4. things of the same kind, esp. four horses; as, a chariot and four.
four (part of speech: noun)
- Still, I was in fear, and kept away three or four days. - "Far Away and Long Ago", W. H. Hudson.
- You should have been here four days ago, as I take it. - "Historical Romances: Under the Red Robe, Count Hannibal, A Gentleman of France", Stanley J. Weyman.
- I might be back in twenty- four hours. - "Will Warburton", George Gissing.