Definition of fraction:
- A portion; a fragment.
- One or more aliquot parts of a unit or whole number; an expression for a definite portion of a unit or magnitude.
- The act of breaking, or state of being broken, especially by violence.
- To separate by means of, or to subject to, fractional distillation or crystallization; to fractionate; - frequently used with out; as, to fraction out a certain grade of oil from pretroleum.
particle, trace, atom, disunite, hint, and, common fraction, separate, fiftieth, divide, a bit, instalment, billionth, scrap, carve up, eighth, common denominator, fifteenth, fifth, a little, eleventh, split up, sample, dissever, study at part, taster.
- fraction (part of speech: noun)
- incompleteness (part of speech: noun)
- component (part of speech: noun)
mathematics (part of speech: noun)
- cube root,
- differential calculus,
- square root,
- portioned (part of speech: adjective)
- portion (part of speech: noun)
- "The Boy Aviators in Africa", Captain Wilbur Lawton.
- "Machiavelli, Volume I The Art of War; and The Prince", Niccol˛ Machiavelli.
- "Letters From Rome on the Council", Johann Joseph Ignaz von D├Âllinger.