Definition of frame :
1. A glazed portable structure for protecting young plants from frost.
2. A kind of open case or structure made for admitting, inclosing, or supporting things, as that which incloses or contains a window, door, picture, etc.; that on which anything is held or stretched
3. A molding box or flask, which being filled with sand serves as a mold for castings.
4. A stand to support the type cases for use by the compositor.
5. A structure of four bars, adjustable in size, on which cloth, etc., is stretched for quilting, embroidery, etc.
6. A term applied, especially in England, to certain machines built upon or within framework; as, a stocking frame; lace frame; spinning frame, etc.
7. Anything composed of parts fitted and united together; a fabric; a structure; esp., the constructional system, whether of timber or metal, that gives to a building, vessel, etc., its model and strength; the skeleton of a structure.
8. Contrivance; the act of devising or scheming.
9. Form; shape; proportion; scheme; structure; constitution; system; as, a frameof government.
10. In games: ( a) In pool, the triangular form used in setting up the balls; also, the balls as set up, or the round of playing required to pocket them all; as, to play six frames in a game of 50 points. ( b) In bowling, as in tenpins, one of the several innings forming a game.
11. Particular state or disposition, as of the mind; humor; temper; mood; as, to be always in a happy frame.
12. The bodily structure; physical constitution; make or build of a person.
13. The ribs and stretchers of an umbrella or other structure with a fabric covering.
14. The skeleton structure which supports the boiler and machinery of a locomotive upon its wheels.
15. To cause; to bring about; to produce.
16. To fit to something else, or for some specific end; to adjust; to regulate; to shape; to conform.
17. To originate; to plan; to devise; to contrive; to compose; in a bad sense, to invent or fabricate, as something false.
18. To proceed; to go.
19. To provide with a frame, as a picture.
20. To shape; to arrange, as the organs of speech.
21. To support.
strategize, throw up, environ, erect, dream up, digit, boundary, hem, drop, forge, cue ball, roll, mat, conformation, four-eyes, rafter, produce, formation, underframe, trunk, trap, finger, sick, pose, position, carcass, girdle, organization, image, chorus, cat, snare, swan, ramble, declare, name, manikin, span, gantry, install, doorjamb, blueprint, butt on, fabricate, formulate, put up, couch, corpse, mold, regorge, skeleton in the cupboard, public figure, pool, butt against, reference system, armature, contain, Boolean, stray, kettle, blogosphere, contrive, effectuate, variant, warp, put together, frame of reference, physical body, body, trope, invest, edging, lay out, spue, block, haul up, frame in, FX, mouth, vomit, back, bifocals, be sick, launch, variety, redact, word form, cushion, engulf, fink, piece, cut, pulp, stanchion, rear, mould, fashion, stay, wreath, course, ensnare, edit, abut, system, tack together, base, finalize, shutter, remains, confession, dust, skeleton in the closet, var., framing, compass, reference frame, bookmark, cadre, margin, throw away, address, material body, bump, physique, doorpost, raise, systema skeletale, chassis, entrap, skeletal frame, the big screen, verge, pull up, ashes, general anatomy, doorstep, shell, assign, cue, embodiment, end, fig, celluloid, FPS, earpiece, doorstop, hurl, adjoin, account name, blind certificate, think ahead, ring, doorbell, manakin, groundwork, planned, enclose, throw, phrase, mannikin, clay, contact lens, apex, bound, chirp, jamb, condition, effect, disgorge, drift, dope out, roam, envelop, arch, throw off, human body, truss, kind, cast off, soma, gasp out, confines, declaim, brim, pocket, pen, flounce, matting, ready, borderline, puke, corner, signifier, case, number, commit, assemble, proportions, doorplate, tramp, access number, upchuck, spew, bottom, cinematic, march, infrastructure, habit, work out, shake off, rim, put, door, vagabond, project, lay, molding, Bluetooth, clasp, dog, inning, retch, phase, skirt, eyeglasses, baize, descriptor, film, put in, pattern, bar billiards, regurgitate, conceive, chuck, map out, skeletal system, trim, trimming, purge, doorknob, tack, edge, fringe, surround, denunciation, habitus, bod, joist, write, trammel, foundation, rove, barf, haoma, pitch, instal, pant, frame up, rig, butt, billiards, eyewear, coordinate system, body-build, hem in, denounce, range, words, found, frames, gear up, bevel, cinematography, exposure, bridge, ABEND, stage, mannequin, Bollywood, hurtle, manufacture, doorknocker, indite, encircle, scaffold, flesh, buttress, draw up, honk, anonymous FTP, shed, contact, compile, vomit up, strain, figure of speech, straighten up, scaffolding, enclosure, wander, dark glasses, skirting, set up
order (part of speech: verb)
establish, collate, rank, regulate, unify, devise, categorize, group, balance, plan, prepare, screen, array, adjust, normalize, methodize, grade, support, subordinate, marshal, schematize, order, orchestrate, cast, structure, pigeonhole, mediate, sort, plot, arrange, compose, systematize, right, program, separate, shape, settle, set, place, schedule, classify, rate, scheme, harmonize, design, stratify, fix, maintain, chart, class, sift, form, score, organize, unsnarl, type, control, integrate, stabilize, rationalize
structure (part of speech: verb)
outline (part of speech: verb)
limit, wire frame, silhouette, perimeter, border, sketch, profile, outline, drawing, delineation, draw, delineate, tracing, trace, configuration, figure, periphery, girth, circumscribe, represent, draft, contour, circumference, representation
- No tears shook her little frame, but there was a storm within. - "The Rebel of the School", Mrs. L. T. Meade.
- Eben went back to his work in an uneasy frame of mind. - "Do and Dare A Brave Boy's Fight for Fortune", Horatio Alger, Jr..
- She tried to speak, but her lips refused to frame the words. - "The Motor Maids Across the Continent", Katherine Stokes.