Definition of freight:
- Employed in the transportation of freight; having to do with freight; as, a freight car.
- That with which anything in fraught or laden for transportation; lading; cargo, especially of a ship, or a car on a railroad, etc.; as, a freight of cotton; a full freight.
- The price paid a common carrier for the carriage of goods.
- The sum paid by a party hiring a ship or part of a ship for the use of what is thus hired.
- To load with goods, as a ship, or vehicle of any kind, for transporting them from one place to another; to furnish with freight; as, to freight a ship; to freight a car.
- transportation, or freight line.
freightage, suffuse, despatch, delivery, clog, incubus, onus, express, impost, tax, loading, storage, moving, encumber, cumber, weight, lode, load, commitment, imbue, impregnate, permeate, haul, incumbrance, saddle, cargo, dispatch, charge, heavy, over, payload, railroad, saturate, pervade, fill, lade, carrying, encumbrance, railway, pile, full, consignment, pack, committal, warhead, heap, transfuse, freight rate, lading, shipment, handling.
- "Second Shetland Truck System Report", William Guthrie.
David stood around with the rest and watched her while she was putting off her freight, and having seen her back out into the stream, was about to start for home, when Silas Jones came up and tapped him on the shoulder.- "The Boy Trapper", Harry Castlemon.
- "The Adventures of Buffalo Bill", Col. William F. Cody.