Definition of freshen:
- To grow brisk or strong; as, the wind freshens.
- To grow fresh; to lose saltness.
- To make fresh; to separate, as water, from saline ingredients; to make less salt; as, to freshen water, fish, or flesh.
- To refresh; to revive.
- To relieve, as a rope, by change of place where friction wears it; or to renew, as the material used to prevent chafing; as, to freshen a hawse.
cleanse, tidy, order, revive, brush up, slick up, groom, purify, refresh, review, revitalize, trim, spruce, strong, refurbish, refreshen, rouse, clean, trig, revivify, help, renovate, freshen up, neaten.
- "A Daughter of the Land", Gene Stratton-Porter.
- "The Land of Long Ago", Eliza Calvert Hall.
- "The Spy in Black", J. Storer Clouston.