Definition of friend:
- A paramour of either sex.
- One not inimical or hostile; one not a foe or enemy; also, one of the same nation, party, kin, etc., whose friendly feelings may be assumed. The word is some times used as a term of friendly address.
- One of a religious sect characterized by disuse of outward rites and an ordained ministry, by simplicity of dress and speech, and esp. by opposition to war and a desire to live at peace with all men. They are popularly called Quakers.
- One who entertains for another such sentiments of esteem, respect, and affection that he seeks his society aud welfare; a wellwisher; an intimate associate; sometimes, an attendant.
- One who looks propitiously on a cause, an institution, a project, and the like; a favorer; a promoter; as, a friend to commerce, to poetry, to an institution.
- To act as the friend of; to favor; to countenance; to befriend.
hero, patron, shoplifter, booster shot, ally, wiz, familiarity, genius, consort, jockstrap, booster rocket, whizz, associate, sidekick, agonist, suspensor, contributor, mavin, jock, booster station, helper, plugger, angel, hotshot, protagonist, takeoff rocket, compatriot, garter, backer, acquaintanceship, promoter, superstar, love, conversancy, title-holder, relay link, virtuoso, strike up a friendship with, buddy up to, relay transmitter, enemy, booster amplifier, whiz, conversance, recall dose, paladin, adept, quaker, assistant, confidante, trembler, admirer, takeoff booster, bud, confederate, booster unit, champ, adorer, sponsor, peer, maven, advocate, star, booster dose, foe, relay station, champion, accomplice, knowledge, booster, benefactor, ace, athletic supporter, help, coadjutor, acquaintance, fighter, wizard, supporter, sympathizer, sensation, helpmate, lifter.