Definition of frightening:
Synonyms for frightening:
dreadful, terrorisation, horrific, awesome, dread, spine-chilling, frightful, awful, alarming, grave, fearful, dreaded, horrible, chilling, serious, severe, fearsome, hair-raising, forbidding, horrendous, formidable, menacing, eerie, spooky, anxious, terrible, distressing, dire, tense, stressful, redoubtable, direful, terrorization, worrying, ghastly.
- alarming (part of speech: verb)
- threatening (part of speech: verb)
- frightening (part of speech: verb)
- "The Isle of Unrest", Henry Seton Merriman.
- "The Counterpane Fairy", Katharine Pyle.
- "The Mad King", Edgar Rice Burroughs.