Definition of frivolity:
puerility, bar billiards, triviality, trick, flippancy, small change, prank, frippery, small potatoes, antic, triviality, comedy, put-on, nonsense, funniness, surface, japery, bagatelle, froth, caper, buffoonery, drollery, harlequinade, flummery, trifle, lightness, silliness, folly, important, giddiness, frivolousness, joke, clowning, fiddle-faddle, fluff, trifling.
- amusement (part of speech: noun)
- unimportance (part of speech: noun)
- "The Song of Songs", Hermann Sudermann.
- "Minor Poems by Milton", John Milton.
- "The Black Robe", Wilkie Collins.