Definition of frivolous:
idle, ability, foolish, gaga, petty, giddy, flighty, silly, lighthearted, airheaded, stupid, light-headed, trivial, light, empty-headed, birdbrained, flippant, harebrained, lightheaded, flyaway, light-minded, superficial, featherbrained, dizzy, frothy.
- capricious (part of speech: adjective)
- amusing (part of speech: adjective)
- unimportant (part of speech: adjective)
- "Botchan (Master Darling)", Mr. Kin-nosuke Natsume, trans. by Yasotaro Morri.
- "The Keeper of the Door", Ethel M. Dell.
- "A Daughter of the Vine", Gertrude Franklin Horn Atherton.