Definition of frolic:
- A scene of gayety and mirth, as in lively play, or in dancing; a merrymaking.
- A wild prank; a flight of levity, or of gayety and mirth.
- Full of levity; dancing, playing, or frisking about; full of pranks; frolicsome; gay; merry.
- To play wild pranks; to play tricks of levity, mirth, and gayety; to indulge in frolicsome play; to sport.
job, turn, period of play, amusement, run-around, enjoyment, pastime, skylark, gambling, cavort, free rein, hoyden, fun, blowout, disport, looseness, entertainment, manoeuvre, frisk, playing period, child's play, capriole, walkaway, feature, tomboy, boast, restraint, recreation, sport, bid, put-on, gambol, antic, work, diversion, divert, dramatic play, prank, caper, pleasure, trick, maneuver, drama, swordplay, roister, monkeyshine, delight, merriment, gaming, romp, good, laugher, shenanigan, lark about, shimmer, joke, lark, dance, riot, shoo-in, amuse, capriole, runaway, play, rollick, hell, joviality.
- "From Crow-Scaring to Westminster; an Autobiography", George Edwards M.P., O.B.E..
- "Malcolm", George MacDonald.
- "The Princess Virginia", C. N. Williamson A. M. Williamson.