Definition of front:
- A position directly before the face of a person, or before the foremost part of a thing; as, in front of un person, of the troops, or of a house.
- All the works along one side of the polygon inclosing the site which is fortified.
- Of or relating to the front or forward part; having a position in front; foremost; as, a front view.
- That which covers the foremost part of the head: a front piece of false hair worn by women.
- The beginning.
- The call boy whose turn it is to answer the call, which is often the word front, used as an exclamation.
- The forehead or brow, the part of the face above the eyes; sometimes, also, the whole face.
- The forehead, countenance, or personal presence, as expressive of character or temper, and especially, of boldness of disposition, sometimes of impudence; seeming; as, a bold front; a hardened front.
- The middle of the upper part of the tongue, - the part of the tongue which is more or less raised toward the palate in the pronunciation of certain sounds, as the vowel i in machine, e in bed, and consonant y in you. See Guide to Pronunciation, 10.
- The most conspicuous part.
- The part or surface of anything which seems to look out, or to be directed forward; the fore or forward part; the foremost rank; the van; - the opposite to back or rear; as, the front of a house; the front of an army.
- To adorn in front; to supply a front to; as, to front a house with marble; to front a head with laurel.
- To appear before; to meet.
- To face toward; to have the front toward; to confront; as, the house fronts the street.
- To have or turn the face or front in any direction; as, the house fronts toward the east.
- To oppose face to face; to oppose directly; to meet in a hostile manner.
- To stand opposed or opposite to, or over against as, his house fronts the church.
environment, face, effort, foregoing, forward, antecedent, headmost, bipartisan, head, guest, surreptitious, bowel movement, concentrate, move, advance, mien, frontward, bm, backhanded, nationalist, cloister, battlefront, former, in front, ministerial, get on, social movement, deception, freestyle, context, dissident, bay, campus, guile, at someone's heels, exist, setup, in the background, brim, bureau, bilabial, bump, conditions, affricate, stand, onside, front line, structure, edit out, anterior, special interest, false colors, dado, confront, offensive, opposite, search, smoke and mirrors, attend, in advance, bridgehead, state of affairs, classified, serenade, expect, command, sing out, girth, sing along, advanced, scarer, window-dressing, defensive, depression, independent, rear, coloring, overlook, go on (the) TV/radio, back, drive, gloss, disguisement, in strict confidence, confines, behind, seem, background, club, past, head-on, basin, institution, there is/are etc., breast, vocalize, strawman, summit, corruption, double-dealing, backyard, cockpit, beachhead, clandestine, first, bevel, chest, await, blind alley, bird-scarer, prior, misconduct, coalition, lie, alley, bearing, depend, get, foul play, movement, baseboard, car park, pretext, bund, preceding, aspiration, veneer, close vowel, face up, gable, duplicity, frontal, frontmost, atmospheric pressure, cape, mask, front end, front man, sing, dugout, introductory, catchment area, hand back, arcade, offside, motility, fore, aspirate, bring in, leading, coastline, breach, emplacement, see, isobar, guild, damp, lead, occupy, precedent, air pressure, motion, apolitical, federation, the faithful, rearmost, preliminary, forepart, dishonesty, carry a tune, heart, drift, burst/break into song, the Gulf Stream, apparent motion, bottom, calculate, nominal head, clerestory, assonance, control, shadowy, apparent movement, secret, bastion, alleyway, abdomen, anchor, put-on, supervise, close, run, watch over, flank, circumstance, color, underground, beach, chant, look out on, belly button, closed syllable, wait, veil, apex, presence, appear, frontage, cause, straw man, firewall, climate, base, bank, bight, cloak, foul, buffer zone, count, semblance, consonant, situation, body, bleep out, facing, trend, croon, belong, alveolar, anticyclone, look, foremost, position, precede, up front, govern, coast, mysterious, corner, comportment, battlefield, sit, liberal, present, look after, confidential, take care, edge, scarecrow, belly, earlier, cold front, campaign, figurehead, previous, authority, frieze, crusade, bet, in the foreground, edit, frontispiece, manage, reckon, secretive, event, set, harmonize, disputed.
- front (part of speech: noun)
- pretension (part of speech: noun)
- "Dollars and Sense", Col. Wm. C. Hunter.
- "A Practical Guide to Self-Hypnosis", Melvin Powers.
- "The Heart of Unaga", Ridgwell Cullum.