Definition of frontal:
- A little pediment over a door or window.
- A medicament or application for the forehead.
- A movable, decorative member in metal, carved wood, or, commonly, in rich stuff or in embroidery, covering the front of the altar. Frontals are usually changed according to the different ceremonies.
- Belonging to the front part; being in front
- Of or pertaining to the forehead or the anterior part of the roof of the brain case; as, the frontal bones.
- Something worn on the forehead or face; a frontlet
- The frontal bone, or one of the two frontal bones, of the cranium.
- The metal face guard of a soldier.
They stood outside the Churches; dogmatic beliefs they tacitly put away; they were in sympathy with the Christian ideal apart from its supernatural element; they professed a vague trust in an unseen Power, chequered here and there by intimations of pantheism; they made no frontal assault upon the central positions of theology.- "Studies in Literature and History", Sir Alfred Comyn Lyall.
- "The Franco-German War of 1870-71", Count Helmuth, von Moltke.
- "The Forerunners", Romain Rolland.