Definition of frontier:
- An outwork.
- Lying on the exterior part; bordering; conterminous; as, a frontier town.
- That part of a country which fronts or faces another country or an unsettled region; the marches; the border, confine, or extreme part of a country, bordering on another country; the border of the settled and cultivated part of a country; as, the frontier of civilization.
- To constitute or form a frontier; to have a frontier; - with on.
enclosure, term, borderland, rural, marchland, edge, bourn, marge, outskirts, barrier, march, limit, margin, landmark, bound, termination, bourne, country, marches, confines, line, territory, boundary, border, verge.
- "The Confessions of Harry Lorrequer, Complete", Charles James Lever (1806-1872).
- "Martyr", Alan Edward Nourse.
- "Six Months at the Cape", R.M. Ballantyne.