Definition of fruitless:
self-conceited, nugatory, empty, futile, inconstant, trifling, egotistic, swollen-headed, unsatisfying, vapid, unreal, sleeveless, shadowy, thrive, swollen, trivial, delusive, deceitful, null, worthless, bootless, otiose, unsubstantial, in vain, unavailing, used, unproductive, vain, study at futile, idle, unimportant, barren, visionary, unprofitable, conceited, egotistical, profitless, baseless.
- unsuccessful (part of speech: adjective)
- useless (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Narrative of a Blockade-Runner", John Wilkinson.
- "The Life and Times of Ulric Zwingli", Johann Hottinger.
- "When London Burned", G. A. Henty.