Definition of funeral:
- A funeral sermon; - usually in the plural.
- Per. taining to a funeral; used at the interment of the dead; as, funeral rites, honors, or ceremonies.
- The procession attending the burial of the dead; the show and accompaniments of an interment.
- The solemn rites used in the disposition of a dead human body, whether such disposition be by interment, burning, or otherwise; esp., the ceremony or solemnization of interment; obsequies; burial; - formerly used in the plural.
- "The Emperor of Portugallia", Selma Lagerlof.
- "The Sand-Hills of Jutland", Hans Christian Andersen.
- "The Obstacle Race", Ethel M. Dell.