Definition of furnish:
- That which is furnished as a specimen; a sample; a supply.
- To offer for use; to provide ( something); to give ( something); to afford; as, to furnish food to the hungry: to furnish arms for defense.
- To supply with anything necessary, useful, or appropriate; to provide; to equip; to fit out, or fit up; to adorn; as, to furnish a family with provisions; to furnish one with arms for defense; to furnish a Cable; to furnish the mind with ideas; to furnish one with knowledge or principles; to furnish an expedition or enterprise, a room or a house.
issue, hand over, append, house, take in, put up, fork out, fit out, interpret, support, turn out, appoint, confer, lay on, accoutre, fork over, yield, allow for, leave, ply with, feed, arm, satisfy, provision, cater, accouter, cater to, try, turn in, generate, ply, kit, hand, rig, add, resource, stock, gear, show, return, turn over, bring home the bacon, translate, fork up, gird, cede, communicate, transfer, decorate, come up with, accommodate, depict, nourish, picture.
give (part of speech: verb)
- prepare (part of speech: verb)
- "Piano Playing With Piano Questions Answered", Josef Hofmann.
- "Butterflies Worth Knowing", Clarence M. Weed.
The sheiks explained, that before my arrival, Suleiman had agreed to furnish soldiers to assist the forces of Kabba Rega in a united attack upon Rionga; and the army was now only a short distance from this spot, expecting the promised aid.- "Ismailia", Samuel W. Baker.