Definition of furniture:
- A mixed or compound stop in an organ; - sometimes called mixture.
- Articles used for convenience or decoration in a house or apartment, as tables, chairs, bedsteads, sofas, carpets, curtains, pictures, vases, etc.
- Builders' hardware such as locks, door and window trimmings.
- Pieces of wood or metal of a lesser height than the type, placed around the pages or other matter in a form, and, with the quoins, serving to secure the form in its place in the chase.
- That with which anything is furnished or supplied; supplies; outfit; equipment.
- The masts and rigging of a ship.
- The mountings of a gun.
- The necessary appendages to anything, as to a machine, a carriage, a ship, etc.
- "Eugene Field, A Study In Heredity And Contradictions", Slason Thompson.
- "Springhaven A Tale of the Great War", R. D. Blackmore.
- "The Other Girls", Mrs. A. D. T. Whitney.