Definition of future:
- A future tense.
- That is to be or come hereafter; that will exist at any time after the present; as, the next moment is future, to the present.
- The possibilities of the future; - used especially of prospective success or advancement; as, he had great future before him.
- Time to come; time subsequent to the present ( as, the future shall be as the present); collectively, events that are to happen in time to come.
subsequent, coming, prospect, future day, prox, later, ulterior, on the schedule, afterlife, in the plans for the future, succeeding, precede, not ruled out, imminent, rising, down the road, time to come, expected, next, looked toward, in the cards, prospective, incoming, anticipated, coming up, outlook, in store, unfolding, planned, hope, emerging, in the course of time, upcoming, scheduled, to come, in the natural course of events, time, forthcoming, fated, approaching, in the planning stage, early, hereafter, likely, projected, booked, futurity, in the offing, proximo, ultimate, budgeted, future tense, inevitable.
- different time (part of speech: noun)
- future (part of speech: noun)
- future event (part of speech: noun)
- ensuing (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Zeppelin's Passenger", E. Phillips Oppenheim.
- "The Celestial Omnibus and other Stories", E. M. Forster.
- "The World For Sale, Complete", Gilbert Parker Last Updated: March 14, 2009.