Definition of gallantry:
- Bravery; intrepidity; as, the troops behaved with great gallantry.
- Civility or polite attention to ladies; in a bad sense, attention or courtesy designed to win criminal favors from a female; freedom of principle or practice with respect to female virtue; intrigue.
- Gallant persons, collectively.
- Splendor of appearance; ostentatious finery.
valor, politesse, nerve, gentility, intestinal fortitude, valiance, fear, valour, chivalry, valiancy, courage, moxie, heroics, valiantness, spunk, spirit, heart, doughtiness, nobility, bottle, fortitude, virtue, pluckiness, tact, daring, grace, daringness, breeding, undauntedness, mettle, stoutness, gutsiness, gut, heroism, courtesy, spunkiness, pecker, decorum, civility, stoutheartedness, attitude, bravery, greatheartedness, pluck, bravado, knightliness, chivalrousness, dauntlessness, courageousness, intrepidity, prowess, intrepidness, gameness, hardihood, fearlessness, courtesy, braveness, valorousness, guts.
- "Peccavi", E. W. Hornung.
- "The Lilac Sunbonnet", S.R. Crockett.
- "An Essay Upon Projects", Daniel Defoe.