Definition of gallop:
- A mode of running by a quadruped, particularly by a horse, by lifting alternately the fore feet and the hind feet, in successive leaps or bounds.
- Fig.: To go rapidly or carelessly, as in making a hasty examination.
- To cause to gallop.
- To move or run in the mode called a gallop; as a horse; to go at a gallop; to run or move with speed.
- To ride a horse at a gallop.
prolong, fly, broaden, bareback, break in, go, hasten, bridle, put out, pass, cover, tempo, unfold, stretch out, lead, carry, reach out, protract, poke out, continue, extend, draw out, expand, widen, surge, stretch, exsert, dismount, hold out, momentum, be quick on your feet, charge, rate, equestrian, trip, offer, strain, groom, outpace, stretch forth.
- run (part of speech: verb)
- speed (part of speech: verb)
- "With Axe and Rifle", W.H.G. Kingston.
- "The Adventures of Harry Richmond, Complete", George Meredith Last Updated: March 7, 2009.
- "A Dash from Diamond City", George Manville Fenn.