Definition of game :
1. A contest, physical or mental, according to certain rules, for amusement, recreation, or for winning a stake; as, a game of chance; games of skill; field games, etc.
2. A scheme or art employed in the pursuit of an object or purpose; method of procedure; projected line of operations; plan; project.
3. Animals pursued and taken by sportsmen; wild meats designed for, or served at, table.
4. Crooked; lame; as, a game leg.
5. Having a resolute, unyielding spirit, like the gamecock; ready to fight to the last; plucky.
6. In some games, a point credited on the score to the player whose cards counts up the highest.
7. Sport of any kind; jest, frolic.
8. That which is gained, as the stake in a game; also, the number of points necessary to be scored in order to win a game; as, in short whist five points are game.
9. The use or practice of such a game; a single match at play; a single contest; as, a game at cards.
10. To play at any sport or diversion.
11. To play for a stake or prize; to use cards, dice, billiards, or other instruments, according to certain rules, with a view to win money or other thing waged upon the issue of the contest; to gamble.
12. To rejoice; to be pleased; - often used, in Old English, impersonally with dative.
pole, bet on, audacious, grainy, support, juicy, farinaceous, peppy, plucky, punt, agreeable, gage, adventuresome, intrepid, patch, plot of ground, gallant, gutty, post, bouncing, fain, feeble, spicy, courageous, injured, zippy, indorse, feisty, disabled, coarse-grained, back, halt, acquiescent, impale, secret plan, stouthearted, valorous, ready, gritty, gamey, work, fear, gimpy, willing, brave, racy, dauntless, gutsy, doughty, unafraid, weak, unfit, adventure, spirited, bouncy, granular, spunky, undaunted, venture, fortitudinous, lame, crippled, stake, back up, plunk for, mettlesome, hardy, stout, plump for, halting, fearless, endorse, bad, granulose, second, biz, minded, bold, gamy, mealy, blue, valiant, naughty, jeopardize, heroic, hazard, high, plot of land, enlivened, risque
amusement (part of speech: noun)
hilarity, pastime, sport, recreation, tonic, fun, divertissement, levity, relaxation, amusement, stimulation, humor, merriment, hobby, distraction, play, entertainment, refreshment, jolliness, frivolity, jocularity, whimsicality, diversion, celebration, pleasure
laughingstock (part of speech: noun)
stratagem (part of speech: noun)
plot, wrinkle, tactics, ruse, trick of the trade, feint, artifice, stratagem, machination, contrivance, subterfuge, device, maneuver, deception, trick, trickery, Trojan horse, dodge, trap, ploy, pitfall
game (part of speech: noun)
hearts, old maid, billiards, shuffleboard, solitaire, skat, chess, stud poker, draughts, snooker, draw poker, horseshoes, baccarat, pinochle, canasta, gin, gin rummy, Chinese checkers, parcheesi, bridge, mah-jongg, blackjack, checkers, backgammon, dominoes, hopscotch, blind man's bluff, penny ante, poker, tiddlywinks, marbles, seven-up, faro, cribbage, quoits, keno, contract bridge, rummy, straight poker, patience, rum, whist, euchre