Definition of garble:
- Impurities separated from spices, drugs, etc.; - also called garblings.
- Refuse; rubbish.
- To pick out such parts of as may serve a purpose; to mutilate; to pervert; as, to garble a quotation; to garble an account.
- To sift or bolt, to separate the fine or valuable parts of from the coarse and useless parts, or from dros or dirt; as, to garble spices.
- "The Devil's Garden", W. B. Maxwell.
- "The evolution of English lexicography", James Augustus Henry Murray.
- "The Red Symbol", John Ironside.