Definition of garrison:
- A body of troops stationed in a fort or fortified town.
- A fortified place, in which troops are quartered for its security.
- To place troops in, as a fortification, for its defense; to furnish with soldiers; as, to garrison a fort or town.
- To secure or defend by fortresses manned with troops; as, to garrison a conquered territory.
- "Tales & Novels, Vol. IX [Contents: Harrington; Thoughts on Bores; Ormond]", Maria Edgeworth.
- "Middy and Ensign", G. Manville Fenn.
- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.