Definition of gas:
- A complex mixture of gases, of which the most important constituents are marsh gas, olefiant gas, and hydrogen, artificially produced by the destructive distillation of gas coal, or sometimes of peat, wood, oil, resin, etc. It gives a brilliant light when burned, and is the common gas used for illuminating purposes.
- An aeriform fluid; - a term used at first by chemists as synonymous with air, but since restricted to fluids supposed to be permanently elastic, as oxygen, hydrogen, etc.
- Any irrespirable aeriform fluid.
- Laughing gas.
- to expose to a poisonous or noxious gas
- To impregnate with gas; as, to gas lime with chlorine in the manufacture of bleaching powder.
- To singe, as in a gas flame, so as to remove loose fibers; as, to gas thread.
oomph, antidepressant, delectation, anabolic steroid, black gold, mishandle, CFC, talk through your hat, carbon, blow, sport, go down on, magniloquence, kill, accelerator, moxie, bungle, run on, bump off, get-up-and-go, suck, fanfaronade, laugh, splosh, hired gun, chatter, anaesthetic, life, antacid, hurry, feast, go, gusto, catalyst, blow out, bluster, flatulence, gasohol, babble, bounce, absurdity, barrel, capacity, fossil fuel, punch, bumble, artillery, squander, fumes, treat, drift, grandiloquence, bodge, chlorofluorocarbon, braggadocio, joy, go on, flatulency, hitman, energy, pleasure, kick, benzene, hoot, zing, dynamism, dispatch, fumble, screw up, belch, turgidness, gasolene, panic, plash, triggerman, anticoagulant, rant, blabber, biogas, antidote, bollix up, prattle, gunman, ginger, clack, fart, gossip, gasconade, verve, crude, bombast, swash, heavy weapon, manna, vim, prate, beans, shove off, rodomontade, gaseous state, gab, muck up, bollocks up, splash, hot air, chat, float, jabber, anesthetic, vaunt, high-octane, tout, atom smasher, antibiotic, splatter, torpedo, hardihood, shoot a line, accelerator pedal, louse up, biomass, throttle, bollocks, spiel, riot, mess up, foul up, flub, bobble, swagger, massacre, cockalorum, petrol, waffle, blab, starch, propellant, speed up, fustian, chitchat, run off at the mouth, esprit, botch, gunslinger, snap, shove along, zip, natural gas, be adrift, fellate, palaver, waste, step on it, speed, oratory, murder, vinegar, assassinate, throttle valve, shooter, liquid, burp, brag, fluid, juice, biofuel, vitality, yak, small talk, turgidity, scream, laughter, hit man, boast, strangle, take someone's life, move fast, botch up, fluff, bull, brio, analgesic, particle accelerator, flatulent, spoil, pep, spatter, ball up, verbiage, feature, drive, muff, sap, grease-gun, howl, coal-fired, gun, wind, jaw, gas pedal, blow off, gasoline, burn out, burn, slaughter, dash, diesel, exterminate, gun for hire, amphetamine, bollix, words, joke, ordnance.
- fuel (part of speech: noun)
- gas (part of speech: noun)
- "Fortitude", Hugh Walpole.
- "Pee-wee Harris on the Trail", Percy Keese Fitzhugh.
- "Dramatic Technique", George Pierce Baker.