Definition of gathering :
1. A charitable contribution; a collection.
2. A crowd; an assembly; a congregation.
3. A tumor or boil suppurated or maturated; an abscess.
4. Assembling; collecting; used for gathering or concentrating.
5. of Gather
6. That which is gathered, collected, or brought together
7. The act of collecting or bringing together.
concentration, thickening, diet, collect, congress, company, caravan, congregation, gather, mob, council of war, congeries, cumulus, crew, fabrication, down, caucus, audience, gathering of the clans, conclave, amassment, horde, multitude, round-up, capture, flock, assembly, meeting place, combination, intensifying, growing, declining, council, council meeting, concourse, moot, forgathering, senate, muster, synod, group, queue, panel, conference, busload, bevy, array, throng, swarm, association, hookup, convocation, junction, exponential, meet, aggregation, gemote, interchange, attendance, huddle, club, press, mass, posse, bunch, troop, conventicle, acquisition, folkmoot, collection, confab, mobilization, parliament, accretion, house, legislature, bull session, school, confluence, convention, vestry, reception, circle, coven, recovery, convergence, crowd, get-together, collocation, fourfold, retrieval, accumulative, discussion, galaxy, society, crush, witenagemot, union, band, levy, accumulation, committee, depleted, graduated, deepening, ingathering, reunion, herd, function, rout, host, parley, cumulation, assemblage, powwow, turnout, constellation, drove, connect, entertainment, pileup, gang, eisteddfod, lodgment, age group, body, conflux, social gathering, party
convoking (part of speech: verb)
believing (part of speech: verb)
giving faith, understanding, professing, judging, surmising, concluding, accepting, maintaining, crediting, affirming, presuming, assuming, declaring, assenting, supposing, taking for granted, trusting, believing, putting faith in, holding, deeming
taking (part of speech: verb)
catching, procuring, amassing, confiscating, commandeering, monopolizing, capturing, annexing, levying, abducting, harvesting, depriving, grabbing, acquiring, usurping, reaping, impounding, taking, getting, bagging, appropriating, nabbing, collecting
focus (part of speech: noun)
focus, marrow, intersection, asymptote, epitome, lodestar, core, heart, essence, kernel, nucleus, funnel, polestar, meat, bottleneck, lure, forum, magnet, axle, soul, rendezvous, plenum, spirit, hub, crossing, center, crux, rally
socializing (part of speech: verb)
focusing (part of speech: verb)
congregating (part of speech: verb)
meeting (part of speech: verb)
expecting (part of speech: verb)
wrinkling (part of speech: verb)
- Gathering more of the grass, the boy returned to his brother and they both ate of it and were strengthened. - "Laos Folk-Lore of Farther India", Katherine Neville Fleeson.
- " I'll be back as soon as I can," Bradby answered, and slipped into the shadows that were already gathering thick and fast. - "The Lost Valley", J. M. Walsh.
- Two women stood under the tree, gathering the blossoms. - "The Book of Nature Myths", Florence Holbrook.