Definition of gentleman:
- A man well born; one of good family; one above the condition of a yeoman.
- A man, irrespective of condition; - used esp. in the plural (= citizens; people), in addressing men in popular assemblies, etc.
- One of gentle or refined manners; a well- bred man.
- One who bears arms, but has no title.
- The servant of a man of rank.
mankind, brick, world, adult male, humankind, valet, human beings, piece, humans, gentleman's gentleman, don, military personnel, sneak, cavalier, human, valet de chambre, military man, boor, homo, nobleman, lord, sir, patrician, serviceman, human race, human being, humanity, aristocrat.
- "Whosoever Shall Offend", F. Marion Crawford.
- "The Martian", George Du Maurier.
- "The Testing of Diana Mallory", Mrs. Humphry Ward.