Definition of geometry :
1. A treatise on this science.
2. That branch of mathematics which investigates the relations, properties, and measurement of solids, surfaces, lines, and angles; the science which treats of the properties and relations of magnitudes; the science of the relations of space.
mathematics (part of speech: noun)
fraction, algorithm, integral, differential calculus, dividend, reciprocal, numerator, multiplicand, root, algebra, trigonometry, arithmetic, denominator, radix, coefficient, square root, cube, logarithm, quadratics, antilogarithm, minuend, calculus, multiplier, divisor, subtrahend, formula, increment, exponent, quotient, factor, multiplicator, cube root, modulus, power, multiple, index
- I thought this was my opening, and I showed her eagerly my Latin grammar, my geometry, my Virgil. - "The Promised Land", Mary Antin.
- This morning for instance, I got up with every intention of learning my geometry and going to the dentist's- and yet- here I am! - "Just Patty", Jean Webster.
- Judith's pride had been badly hurt by Miss Hilton's comment written in her geometry exercise book, " Very poor work, indeed, untidy and careless," and, worse still, when the lists were posted for the mid- term Latin examination, Judith's name had been halfway down with fifty- six marks to her credit. - "Judy of York Hill", Ethel Hume Patterson Bennett.