Definition of giddy:
- Bewildering on account of rapid turning; running round with celerity; gyratory; whirling.
- Characterized by inconstancy; unstable; changeable; fickle; wild; thoughtless; heedless.
- Having in the head a sensation of whirling or reeling about; having lost the power of preserving the balance of the body, and therefore wavering and inclined to fall; lightheaded; dizzy.
- Promoting or inducing giddiness; as, a giddy height; a giddy precipice.
- To make dizzy or unsteady.
- To reel; to whirl.
punch-drunk, lightheaded, ridiculous, cockamamy, woozy, lofty, cockamamie, frivolous, unsteady, awful, flighty, precipitate, pathetic, featherbrained, whacky, awareness, towering, ability, light-headed, frothy, birdbrained, dizzying, zany, stupendous, empty-headed, regular, tremendous, sick, confusing, silly, reeling, goofy, swooning, unaccustomed, whirling, scatterbrained, reeling, lighthearted, sappy, light, wacky, slaphappy, faint, harebrained, gaga, vertiginous, ill, airheaded, dizzy, steep.
Giddy and faint, his fingers relaxed, he felt himself sinking, with a languor that was half acquiescence, down, down,- until, with another shock, a wild gasping for air, and a swift reaction, he awoke in the cold, rushing water!- "A First Family of Tasajara", Bret Harte.
- "Nature's Serial Story", E. P. Roe.
- "The Princess Priscilla's Fortnight", Elizabeth von Arnim.