Definition of gift:
- A bribe; anything given to corrupt.
- A voluntary transfer of real or personal property, without any consideration. It can be perfected only by deed, or in case of personal property, by an actual delivery of possession.
- Anything given; anything voluntarily transferred by one person to another without compensation; a present; an offering.
- Some quality or endowment given to man by God; a preeminent and special talent or aptitude; power; faculty; as, the gift of wit; a gift for speaking.
- The act, right, or power of giving or bestowing; as, the office is in the gift of the President.
- To endow with some power or faculty.
largess, bent, clothe, make, demonstrate, lay out, portray, empower, souvenir, turn over, impart, adorn, authorise, endowment fund, present, exhibit, presentation, demo, reach, subsidy, pass on, favor, introduce, handout, bequest, premium, apply, handsel, render, instinct, consecrate, put, invest, hold, courtesy, remembrance, sacrifice, submit, provision, enthrone, confront, founder, indue, stage, generate, contribute, establish, commit, censure, authorize, dispensation, pose, philanthropy, collapse, keepsake, subscription, throw, deliver, induct, yield, afford, legacy, seat, ration, boon, kick in, ease up, gird, give, open, vest, be ungrateful, subvention, represent, ability, criticize, endowment, natural endowment, flair, show, genius, dower, head, knack, chip in, token, break, feed, hand, relief, acquaint, leave, alms, fall in, turn, bribe, endue, talent, benefit, beneficence, remittance, dedicate, faculty, return, aptitude, face, salute, devote, hand-me-down, endow, give way, dole, have, giving, pittance, study at talent, move over, aptness, pass, pay, place, cave in, largesse, capability, charity, capacity.
- gift (part of speech: noun)
reward (part of speech: noun)
- offer (part of speech: noun)
- "Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, 1905 to 1906", Lucy Maud Montgomery.
- "With the Boer Forces", Howard C. Hillegas.
- "The Shadow of the East", E. M. Hull.