Definition of glass:
- A drinking vessel; a tumbler; a goblet; hence, the contents of such a vessel; especially; spirituous liquors; as, he took a glass at dinner.
- A hard, brittle, translucent, and commonly transparent substance, white or colored, having a conchoidal fracture, and made by fusing together sand or silica with lime, potash, soda, or lead oxide. It is used for window panes and mirrors, for articles of table and culinary use, for lenses, and various articles of ornament.
- A looking- glass; a mirror.
- A vessel filled with running sand for measuring time; an hourglass; and hence, the time in which such a vessel is exhausted of its sand.
- A weatherglass; a barometer.
- An optical glass; a lens; a spyglass; - in the plural, spectacles; as, a pair of glasses; he wears glasses.
- Any substance having a peculiar glassy appearance, and a conchoidal fracture, and usually produced by fusion.
- Anything made of glass.
- To case in glass.
- To cover or furnish with glass; to glaze.
- To reflect, as in a mirror; to mirror; - used reflexively.
- To smooth or polish anything, as leater, by rubbing it with a glass burnisher.
crystal, churl, glass in, crackpot, weather, methamphetamine, barometer, shabu, scratch, drinking glass, eyeglasses, applesauce, nut, loving cup, concrete, codswallop, snifter, glass fiber, seasonal, tripe, glassware, libation, vanity mirror, bath, glass over, frosting, sugarcoat, frosted glass, cupful, scrap, temperate, zone, candy, acrylic, screwball, spyglass, horny, acrylic, one-way mirror, mirror, elastic, chalk, fruitcake, two-way mirror, frosted, looking-glass, chicken feed, icing, level, film over, ice rink, spell, deoxyephedrine, folderol, ice-skating rink, water ice, glazed, frappe, glaze over, crosspatch, cut glass, trumpery, carton, rubbish, cardboard, wish-wash, glassful, climatic, field glass, specs, grouch, grump, Pyrex, bottle, trash, sparkler, scum, glaze, meteorology, flute, schooner, climate, earthen, blur, internal-combustion engine, meth, methamphetamine hydrochloride, barrel, jug, ice, bone, starter, drink, alabaster, weather forecast, nut case, crank, spectacles.