Definition of gnaw:
- To bite in agony or rage.
- To bite, as something hard or tough, which is not readily separated or crushed; to bite off little by little, with effort; to wear or eat away by scraping or continuous biting with the teeth; to nibble at.
- To corrode; to fret away; to waste.
- To use the teeth in biting; to bite with repeated effort, as in eating or removing with the teethsomething hard, unwiedly, or unmanageable.
- "Tom Swift and his Air Glider or, Seeking the Platinum Treasure", Victor Appleton.
- "The Poems of Philip Freneau, Volume I (of III)", Philip Freneau.
- "The Light of Scarthey", Egerton Castle.