Definition of goal:
- A base, station, or bound used in various games; in football, a line between two posts across which the ball must pass in order to score; also, the act of kicking the ball over the line between the goal posts.
- The final purpose or aim; the end to which a design tends, or which a person aims to reach or attain.
- The mark set to bound a race, and to or around which the constestants run, or from which they start to return to it again; the place at which a race or a journey is to end.
intent, tendency, study at intention, remainder, coating, finish, refinement, destruction, close, ending, terminal, meaning, why and wherefore, cultivation, oddment, planned, finale, finis, destination, final stage, terminus, determination, mark, polish, point, inclination, purpose, finishing, death, closing, why, end, view, last, address, conclusion, stopping point, culture, design, name and address, end in view, remnant.
- intention (part of speech: noun)
- pursuit (part of speech: noun)
- "Flamsted quarries", Mary E. Waller.
- "The Colonists", Raymond F. Jones.
- "The Major", Ralph Connor.