Definition of gobble:
run out, gurgle, gormandize, gorge, crunch, absquatulate, bite, make off, bolt, choke down, ingestion, sound, down, run off, slop, scarf, englut, raven, ingurgitate, stuff, demolish, wolf, go off, glut, decamp, cheep, chow down, bolt out, swill, scoff, abscond, cram, cannibalize, chomp, champ, guzzle, beetle off.
- receive (part of speech: verb)
- ululation (part of speech: noun)
- ululate (part of speech: verb)
Having heard that you and Monsieur le duc were rivals for Mademoiselle de La Bastie's hand, I have taken the liberty to warn you; of the two, wouldn't it be better that his lordship should gobble her?- "Modeste Mignon", Honore de Balzac.
- "The Short Cut", Jackson Gregory.
- "The Call of the Canyon", Zane Grey.