Definition of good:
- Adequate; sufficient; competent; sound; not fallacious; valid; in a commercial sense, to be depended on for the discharge of obligations incurred; having pecuniary ability; of unimpaired credit.
- Advancement of interest or happiness; welfare; prosperity; advantage; benefit; - opposed to harm, etc.
- Clever; skillful; dexterous; ready; handy; - followed especially by at.
- Kind; benevolent; humane; merciful; gracious; polite; propitious; friendly; well- disposed; - often followed by to or toward, also formerly by unto.
- Not blemished or impeached; fair; honorable; unsullied; as in the phrases a good name, a good report, good repute, etc.
- Not lacking or deficient; full; complete.
- Not small, insignificant, or of no account; considerable; esp., in the phrases a good deal, a good way, a good degree, a good share or part, etc.
- Possessing desirable qualities; adapted to answer the end designed; promoting success, welfare, or happiness; serviceable; useful; fit; excellent; admirable; commendable; not bad, corrupt, evil, noxious, offensive, or troublesome, etc.
- Possessing moral excellence or virtue; virtuous; pious; religious; - said of persons or actions.
- Real; actual; serious; as in the phrases in good earnest; in good sooth.
- Serviceable; suited; adapted; suitable; of use; to be relied upon; - followed especially by for.
- That which possesses desirable qualities, promotes success, welfare, or happiness, is serviceable, fit, excellent, kind, benevolent, etc.; - opposed to evil.
- To make good; to turn to good.
- To manure; to improve.
- Wares; commodities; chattels; - formerly used in the singular in a collective sense. In law, a comprehensive name for almost all personal property as distinguished from land or real property.
- Well, - especially in the phrase as good, with a following as expressed or implied; equally well with as much advantage or as little harm as possible.
severe, capable, skilful, soundly, earnest, irreprehensible, welcome, high-grade, dependable, thoroughly, genuine, much, replete, careful, trade good, expedient, large-scale, unattackable, congenial, erect, convenient, hefty, painstaking, secure, mature, full, tolerant, faithful, profound, lily-white, extensive, goodhearted, sizeable, steady-going, unspoiled, technical, kindhearted, exhaustively, intimately, darling, skinny, expert, veracious, real, cheeseparing, adept, sufficient, gratifying, agreeable, computable, right-hand, proficient, reasoned, enough, brilliant, competent, impregnable, part, untroubled, choice, meet, braw, auspicious, unblamable, nearly, precise, charitable, original, benefic, able, unharmed, considerable, advanced, select, generous, whole, actual, pricy, beneficent, immeasurable, rock-steady, great, round, penny-pinching, authentic, wide, wakeless, grievous, safe, unplayful, ingenuous, serious, inviolable, devout, thrive, reliable, kindly, well, goodish, valid, in effect, large, pleasurable, agree, bonny, appropriate, honourable, valid, big, costly, unimpaired, luck, befitting, pricey, advantageously, undecomposed, unafraid, proper, nigh, fortunate, unhurt, substantially, correct, sincere, wide-cut, unassailable, benevolent, meticulous, life-threatening, indubitable, heavy, skilled, cheeseparing, unmarred, straight-shooting, kind, trustworthy, intact, legal, unbroken, effective, toward, kind, satisfying, broad, levelheaded, sober, like, benignant, well-grounded, commodity, upright, altruistic, great, uninjured, beloved, propitious, guaranteed, fresh, almost, grateful, perfect, help, unspoilt, goodly, salutary, cleared, real, fussy, fit, considerably, bright, dangerous, pleasing, level-headed, comfortably, high-priced, unsloped, trusty, undamaged, attitude, vertical, ample, sizable, candid, practiced, heartfelt, considerate, strong, virtually, sound, close, reputable, healthy, total, tidy, unquestionable, practised, near, skillful, unblemished, ability, effectual, large, undoubted, grave, suitable, big, flawless, backed, tailor-made, dear, ripe, warranted, bona fide, goodness, entire, intelligent, complete, straightforward, approximate, incorruptible, frank, easily, in force, commendatory.
- obedient (part of speech: adjective)
- qualified (part of speech: adjective)
- beneficial (part of speech: adjective)
- skillful (part of speech: adjective)
- sound (part of speech: noun)
- reliable (part of speech: adjective)
- just (part of speech: adjective)
- proper (part of speech: adjective)
- virtue (part of speech: noun)
- benefit (part of speech: noun)
- orthodox (part of speech: adjective)
- respectable (part of speech: adjective)
- tasty (part of speech: adjective)
- healthy (part of speech: adjective)
- savory (part of speech: adjective)
- virtuous (part of speech: adjective)
- good (part of speech: adjective)
- pleasant (part of speech: adjective)