Definition of gourd:
- A dipper or other vessel made from the shell of a gourd; hence, a drinking vessel; a bottle.
- A fleshy, three- celled, many- seeded fruit, as the melon, pumpkin, cucumber, etc., of the order Cucurbitaceae; and especially the bottle gourd ( Lagenaria vulgaris) which occurs in a great variety of forms, and, when the interior part is removed, serves for bottles, dippers, cups, and other dishes.
- Alt. of Gourde
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "The Outcaste", F. E. Penny.
- "Memories of Bethany", John Ross Macduff.