Definition of grail :
1. A book of offices in the Roman Catholic Church; a gradual.
2. A broad, open dish; a chalice; - only used of the Holy Grail.
3. One of the small feathers of a hawk.
4. Small particles of earth; gravel.
- It were foolish to expect that all of them should attain the high level of those great legends which centre about the Holy Grail. - "The Book-Hunter at Home", P. B. M. Allan.
- And so the knights searched over land and sea, over mountain and plain, hunting for the Holy Grail, but still they found it not. - "A Child's Story Garden", Compiled by Elizabeth Heber.
- Into Thy keeping hands; As safe as Heaven kept the guarded Grail- So safe, so pure, so compassed as with mail- The soul committed, e'en through Death's dark vale, Into thy hands. - "Poems with Power to Strengthen the Soul", Various.