Definition of grant :
1. A transfer of property by deed or writing; especially, au appropriation or conveyance made by the government; as, a grant of land or of money; also, the deed or writing by which the transfer is made.
2. The act of granting; a bestowing or conferring; concession; allowance; permission.
3. The thing or property granted; a gift; a boon.
4. The yielding or admission of something in dispute.
5. To admit as true what is not yet satisfactorily proved; to yield belief to; to allow; to yield; to concede.
6. To assent; to consent.
7. To bestow or confer, with or without compensation, particularly in answer to prayer or request; to give.
8. To give over; to make conveyance of; to give the possession or title of; to convey; - usually in answer to petition.
founder, hand, Hiram Ulysses Grant, appointment, permit, fall in, yielding, earmark, convey, afford, let, bear, dole out, commit, hold, return, move over, law, kick in, allow for, alienate, vouchsafe, chip in, Duncan Grant, reserve, knowledge, confess, agree, pass on, relent, Cary Grant, harmonize, concord, duty assignment, make, assignment, naming, profess, collapse, leave, shell out, give in, subsidization, parcel out, appoint, sacrifice, deal out, deed, portion, dedicate, set aside, consecrate, yield, tolerate, appropriate, Ulysses S. Grant, pass, open, designation, give up, President Grant, apply, deed over, select, succumb, harmonise, mete out, countenance, consort, own, concede, avow, reach, buckle under, divide, set apart, knuckle under, have, generate, assigning, surrender, distribute, subsidisation, lot, admit, affirm, cede, cave in, Ulysses Simpson Grant, confer, Ulysses Grant, fit in, destine, apportion, administer, soften, give way, make over, establish, throw, acknowledge, fess up, portion out, conceding, turn over, ease up, alien, take into account, Duncan James Corrow Grant, sign over, break, dish out, accord
give (part of speech: verb)
deliver, fund, award, serve, consign, dole, ascribe, help, attribute, supply, allot, dispense, assign, assist, share, pledge, devote, shower, expend, lend, disburse, pay, donate, allow, contribute, bequeath, provide, ration, lavish, furnish, send
offer (part of speech: verb)
gift, present, concession, invite, donation, offer, attempt, submission, citation, submit, advance, issue, bestowal, bid, quote, endow, investiture, render, overture, bestow, invitation, cite, offering, approach, endowment, deal, extend, give, tender, quotation, impart
gift (part of speech: noun)
reward (part of speech: verb)
incentive, tip, consideration, compensation, sweetener, allowance, prize, enticement, plum, stimulation, induce, treat, compensate, honorarium, payment, inducement, entice, gratuity, remunerate, wages, temptation, tempt, carrot, bounty, bonus, tribute, sweepstakes, atonement, sweeten, lure, allotment, wage, remuneration, stipend, reward, honor, amends
transfer (part of speech: verb)
supply (part of speech: verb)