Definition of granulation:
- One of the small, red, grainlike prominences which form on a raw surface ( that of wounds or ulcers), and are the efficient agents in the process of healing.
- The act or process of forming or crystallizing into grains; as, the granulation of powder and sugar.
- The act or process of the formation of such prominences.
- The state of being granulated.
- "Diseases of the Horse's Foot", Harry Caulton Reeks.
Between the broken portion and the main bone there was a layer of granulation tissue, so that it is certain the injury existed before the blister was applied, and it may possibly have existed from the commencement of the lameness.- "Diseases of the Horse's Foot", Harry Caulton Reeks.
- "The Practice of Autosuggestion", C. Harry Brooks.