Definition of grapple:
- A grappling iron.
- A seizing or seizure; close hug in contest; the wrestler's hold.
- An instrument, usually with hinged claws, for seizing and holding fast to an object; a grab.
- To fasten, as with a grapple; to fix; to join indissolubly.
- To seize; to lay fast hold of; to attack at close quarters: as, to grapple an antagonist.
- To use a grapple; to contend in close fight; to attach one's self as if by a grapple, as in wrestling; to close; to seize one another.
get away, deal, compete, apportion, have a go at it, carry off, make out, debate, neck, grappling iron, repugn, portion out, get off, manage, jazz, superintend, recognise, get it on, struggle, get along, discern, escape, contend, negociate, vie, fill in, plow, have it off, mete out, screw, love, grip, fence, lot, conduct, distinguish, cut, fascinate, take, hump, grapnel anchor, look at, close, dole out, recognize, distribute, scuffle, deal out, grappler, finagle, grappling hook, allot, roll in the hay, come, fill out, touch, hand-to-hand struggle, postulate, bang, shell out, make do, have it away, get by, fare, spellbind, consider, sleep with, conflict, care, wield, wrestler, matman, make love, sell, transfix, do it, grab, clamshell, have sex, write out, dispense, bed, bring off, contest, supervise, pick out, wangle, clench, complete, tell apart, grapnel, divvy up, know, argue, lie with, grappling, handle, wrestling, pull off, sleep together, administer, spot, bonk, issue, tussle, engage, rassling, oversee, trade, address, get out, treat, fight, parcel out, carry on, eff, dish out, cover, do, share, have intercourse, get laid, be intimate, wrestle, cope.
- "The Living Link", James De Mille.
- "Five Little Starrs in the Canadian Forest", Lillian Elizabeth Roy Elizabeth Colborne.
- "The Betrayal", E. Phillips Oppenheim.