Definition of gratifying:
perfumed, mellifluous, fresh, proud, honeyed, sugared, delicious, seraphic, welcome, enjoyable, unfermented, rewarding, refreshing, nice, scented, sweet-flavored, congenial, cherubic, mellisonant, pleasing, pleasurable, odoriferous, appreciated, like, sweet-scented, pain, satisfying, sweet, favorable, grateful, sweet-smelling, good, pleasant, sweetened, angelical, dulcet, odorous, angelic.
- comfortable (part of speech: adjective)
- pleasing (part of speech: verb)
- satisfying (part of speech: verb)
- pleasant (part of speech: adjective)
It could not but be highly gratifying to his feelings when he found that so many of his countrymen had chosen to devote themselves to his service; and he was soon able to report his ship ready for sea.- "Memoirs and Correspondence of Admiral Lord de Saumarez, Vol. I", Sir John Ross.
- "Sunk at Sea", R.M. Ballantyne.
- "Mark Twain, A Biography, 1835-1910, Complete The Personal And Literary Life Of Samuel Langhorne Clemens", Albert Bigelow Paine Last Updated: February 20, 2009.