Definition of graze:
- A light touch; a slight scratch.
- The act of grazing; the cropping of grass.
- To eat grass; to feed on growing herbage; as, cattle graze on the meadows.
- To feed on; to eat ( growing herbage); to eat grass from ( a pasture); to browse.
- To feed or supply ( cattle, sheep, etc.) with grass; to furnish pasture for.
- To rub or touch lightly the surface of ( a thing) in passing; as, the bullet grazed the wall.
- To tend ( cattle, etc.) while grazing.
- To touch something lightly in passing.
- To yield grass for grazing.
snip, run, drift, tramp, masticate, cast, furrow, rake, set out, stray, feed, glance, vagabond, surf, eat, carom, wrinkle, crinkle, range, shop, swan, ramble, crop, run down, munch, scrunch, grazing, skimming, roll, scrunch up, bite, gnaw, shave, uproot, roam, rumple, ruminate, clip, array, prune, lay out, skip, champ, scrape, order, grade, browse, rate, dap, straddle, batten, crumple, work, rove, crease, glance over, rank, scan, wander, dress, forage, strike, ruckle, crisp, cultivate, crunch, flick, nibble, trim, pasture, cut back, ricochet, lop, shaving, place.
The headland on which Aunty Losh's house had been built was connected with the main only by a narrow neck, and it was one of the grievances of her life that her cow and her two or three sheep, when turned loose to graze, could so easily make their way to the adjoining territory.- "True and Other Stories", George Parsons Lathrop.
- "Child of Storm", H. Rider Haggard.
- "The Flying Legion", George Allan England.